Wednesday, October 11, 2006

These Shoes Were Made For Walkin'

These feet would make any Gibson proud!! This was the first time Alex wore shoes-mainly because he was born with such big feet that almost none of the shoes I had for him fit. But I got a few pair at the Disney Store the other day on clearance (I do love a sale!) and do you know what size they are....6-12months!! But they look awfully cute and they stay on well because they have that elastic strap in the back. He took the shoe wearing in stride, didn't seem to bother him. He also has a pair with Tigger on the top which I know Papa Coon will appreciate! Of course he's got a bit to go before his feet are as big as Mummy or Daddy's, but he's on his way.
(interesting factoid: my feet were extremely swollen during my pregnancy with Alex and by the end I was wearing a size and a half larger than normal. after Alex was born the swelling went away, but my feet have stayed the size and half longer!! guess who gets to go shoe shopping???)

10 comments:

christina said...

i have the opposite problem.....connor has the smallest feet EVER! none of his shoes fit b/c they are ginormous. for christmas he got a pair of robeez (the soft leather shoes) he is just now fitting into them and wears them every day. they are so perfect to help him grip the hardwood floors. maybe i should do a "hand me up" of connor's big shoes. :)

The Coons said...

Christina, if you like the Robeez shoes the kind at the Disney store were the same style and really good prices!! Lots of different Disney characters to choose from. And they had 0-6mo, 6-12mo, and 12-18mo sizes. I like that style as well. They are flexible for their growing feet. -Jessica

Anonymous said...

What was it Tim Allen would say grunt grunt grunt:) What a boy and he takes after both uncles in the feet area. One of Alex's uncle's wear a size 16 so you can see where he is headed. Jess will be shopping on two big feet.com like her mom had to. good pictures.
Love, grams

Anonymous said...

Jess--I love your shoes!!
Alex--I love your sweater! Can you tell me where you got that? You told me a lot on the phone tonight and I had a great time listening to you.
Love ya

Adrianna said...

jessica,
i had the same thing happen to me when i was preggers! not only are my feet bigger, but i can no longer wear my wedding ring!! hmm, do i go diamond shopping now?? ;-)

The Coons said...

Adrianna,
when you go I'm going with you cuz I can't wear my ring either!! We won't tell the guys when we are going!
-Jess

My Middle Age Moments said...

Adrianna and Jessica:

Same problem with my feet...they stayed a size and half bigger....all new shoes. Hal thought I was scamming him so I had to show him. haha My ring eventually fit again but it sat in our safe for a year....yuck for me because I love wearing it. But I did get it to fit again. yeah!

The Coons said...

Carol, I'm glad to hear that your ring did fit again! I don't want to go get mine sized in case it fits again as well, so I'm waiting it out to see--like you said, yuk!--cuz I LOVE my diamond!! -Jess

My Middle Age Moments said...

Jess
I am still swollen after having kayleen...haha...I just blame everything on that but I think after 10 years there is a statute of limitations or something. :-) NAH!

Adrianna said...

carol,
lol about still being swollen! here's my problem, it's not my actual finger; it's my knuckle that my ring won't fit over! is there still hope?? ;-)