Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Oh, So, Suspicioso...

As if I needed any more proof that my kid is all toddler...apparently he has decided that all food is suspicious, and must not be eaten until investigated by the proper authorities. He does have a secret list of foods which are safe for eating, however the list changes sometimes daily, I would guess for the purpose of keeping that information from getting into the wrong hands! This can make mealtime very tricky. I don't force my kids to eat every food that is set before them--I don't care for every flavor known to man, why should kids be different?--but I do expect them to at least try some of what they are served. I have found that with Alex, if I can just get a bite of something he has refused into his mouth, then that food is often switched from the dangerous-for-eating list to the safe-foods list! Case in point: today Ryan gave him a small part of his piece of cake. CAKE, my kid refused CAKE. Weird, But I wanted him to try it cuz I knew he would like it...after many acrobatics and much fussing we finally got a bite in...the eyes got big, the smlle came out, and the kid started clapping!! Cake has now been moved to the safe list...at least for today!!

2 comments:

nic said...

sounds like dalton!

Grandpa and Grams said...

Alex, Your mom makes pretty good cakes, get her to make you a pie she is really good at that too. Have a good day buddy:)
Grams Loves YOU:):):)