Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit...


So, there was this bag of navy beans in my pantry for a long, long time. I am embarassed to say that I don't even know how long I've had them. I kept thinking that I should make something with them some time, but they just seem a little intimidating to cook with!! Weird, I know, but that's the truth. So, the other day I remembered that my friend Jenny told me that her little guy enjoyed playing with beans in a bowl--scooping them and stuff. Ok, well, let's try that--it is the middle of winter and we could use a little break from the norm. Wow, what a hit! The beans, along with a funnel, measuring cup, and spatula, kept the little man busy for many days during that "what to do with your kid while you finish making dinner" time-frame! Word of advice to other mommies thinking of trying this: you will become heartily annoyed of sweeping up stray beans long before your kid gets tired of playing with them--but definitely worth the hassle!

1 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

Alex,
It look's like you are having a ball with those beans. What do you think about sharing them with grandpa and grams when we come and we can play for a long time. We are soooo excited to see you and your new brother.
We Love You,
Grams