Friday, October 10, 2008

Hard at Work at Home Improvement!

We have always wished our livingroom furniture matched, so we decided to paint all the wood accents black so they all go together and look a little more contemporary.

I started with this bookshelf.  It was red, and Ryan has always thought it would look really good black. So I painted it--and what do you know? it does!
This is my old hope chest.  It was a stained wood but now it is a shiny black.  I LOVE it this way!
The trim on the big mirror was brown wood, but now it's black, too.  We still have to do the tv stand and the hide-away end tables.  We'll post more pics when I get more done.
This is a fall decoration that I made for just $1.50 since I had most of the materials already.
Here are my two boys that I am always working on!!!  (they're having some refreshment after "working hard" at playing outside!)  I'd post a picture of Ryan, too, but he still needs so much work....:-)

1 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

There are my two wonderful boys.
They sure know how to relax.
Love You Guys, Grams