Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grocery Shopping Just Got Easier

Really and truly my two boys are pretty good for me in the grocery store. They know the routine and I know just the right treats and toys to bring to make it all work. It's a system we have now. The problem usually comes in how to get around the store. Most stores have these kid friendly carts with a car shaped base for the little ones to sit in complete with steering wheel, or some sort of two kid booster attached to the back. The problem is that they are not friendly. THEY ARE HUGE!! I end up hitting shelves, bumping in to displays...I've yet to hit a person yet...take that back, I did hit a person one time--very embarrassing! Anyway, Hy-Vee, our local grocery store, just solved my problem! They are switching all their carts to this lovely new 2-kid cart. It is only slightly bigger than a normal cart, but roomy enough for both my boys to be in my reach and eyesight!! This may seem like a silly thing to be excited about, but other mommies of preschoolers can share my glee!

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

They are much better, I went to the store with Jessica and Alex and did a women in the foot with one of them great big carts that look like a car. She was really mad at me so we got rid of it and got the one in the picture. Much Better
Grams (Donna)

Unknown said...

HOLY COW! I want to start a MEIJER petition! I LOVE IT! I hate grocery shopping w/the kids.