Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween! (Our not-so-spooky-celebration!)

Last Friday we had our Fall Party at church. It was set up kind of like a carnival where you go to different stations and give your tickets to play games and win "money" that you turn in for prizes. Alex ended up with 8 prizes! Good stuff, too! And mostly from playing the duck pond game. In fact we were at the duck pond game about 1/3 of the night! Ryan was the Emcee of the evening, so we hung around and played games until after they sang happy birthday to him (surprise! my poor embarrassed hubby!) and the kids were about falling asleep! Both Alex and Sam had a great night and I would have more pictures except my camera battery died (the thing has been giving me grief lately) and I couldn't take any more. One of the youth group s got a family shot of us, but I am waiting for her to e-mail it to me. Oh, and special thanks to my mom for coming for the weekend to help me with the boys. Couldn't have done it without her help!

The Horse

The Crazy Cowboy!

Grams taking Alex on the "Cupcake Walk"  
I was actually thankful they didn't win!  That would have been messy!

First attempt at a photo...

What an arm! (from 2 feet away)

Ahhh, that's better!  He really was happy all night.
I think he just didn't like the feel of the straw.

Alex didn't really care for the nerf gun.  But he did enjoy watching other kids shoot it.  In fact, we sat there and watched other kids for quite a while.  Alex would stand behind them and yell, "Go!" when they were supposed to shoot.  It was hilarious, but kind of annoying to the older kids, so we didn't stick around too long!

These are some of the cupcakes I made for the cupcake walk. I did 40 of them!! 



0 comments: