Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer Camp is Here!

"Look at my belly, look at my belly, look how big it is!" That is a line from a song that Aunt Jenny H. taught us that we used to sing to our kids, especially our toddler boys when they would stick that toddler belly out--so cute. Well, Sam is going through a bit of a pudgy stage, and his belly is something to be proud of!!

My little monkey! And yes, don't worry, we did correct his bad manners right after I took this pic, it's just that he's really into his feet right now--trying to put little toys in between his toes and stuff, so I'm sure it made perfect sense to him to put his foot up on the table.

Here are two funny pics to leave you with for the next week and a half or so cuz we're going to Summer Camp! Well, actually we are driving to my parents new house tomorrow and coming back on Saturday without Alex--my folks are keeping him for the week so that Ryan and I can focus more on the campers and activities, and also so they can have some uninterrupted spoiling time! Then on Monday morning at the horrible hour of 5 am we pile in the church bus with about 18 teens, a few college age counselors, and a few other sponsors and drive about 8.5 hours to the Rocky Mountains. I can't remember where the camp is exactly but it is supposed to be beautiful! Could be an exciting ride, though! Please pray for us next week if you think of it. That the ride will go smoothly (especially with baby on board), that the kids will really be blessed and challenged by this week at camp, and that everyone will be safe and healthy. So, I am sure that when I get back I will have some fun pics and stories for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Summer camp already? Wow! The Rocky Mountains--how cool! Have a good trip.

van said...

We officially apologize for the foot on the table lessons Alex received from Cate. However we IMMEDIATELY addressed the problem instead of taking the time to get the camera and snap a picture of her bad behavior. Anyhow we hope you have a great week at camp and hopefully the teens won't pick up any more immature behavior from Ryan.