Friday, May 09, 2008

Our Trip to Iowa

I'm pressed for time this morning, and there was so much I wanted to write, so I will try to sum up our trip to Iowa with a short version. The traveling part: Alex touched every disgusting surface he could see in every public restroom we stopped at (who was going to hold him down while I changed Sam's diaper??), Sam had his first blow-out diaper (threw that onesie away, no saving that!), we ate a lot of french fries, I put Alex's socks and shoes back on him about a gazillion times, I smelled like spit up all day, and we listened to their lullaby CD over and over and over again!!! But seriously, God was good to us and the traveling was pretty smooth sailing. The house shopping part: we looked at 7 houses and Mom and Dad put in an offer on the best one, and it was accepted!! They move in Memorial Day weekend, and we are soooooo glad to have them out here with us in the wild, wild west! The visiting part: We enjoyed our stay at my brother's house. It was good to see his family again, that Cole sure is growing and he's crawling pretty well now. Alex LOVED playing with Nate's puppies. He spent A LOT of time wrestling with them and giving them "lectures" (video to come later). In fact one day he got 2 baths, his first one Saturday morning as usual, and his 2nd one Saturday afternoon after playing with the puppies for a few hours! We got to see the first bank robbed by Jesse James. We took a walk through downtown Allerton, IA, which looks like something straight out of a wild west black and white film. And all around enjoyed each other's company and just hanging out with all the grandkids together!

I would write more, but today is the Nebraska Association of Christian Schools Track and Field Day and I am getting the diaper bag ready for a day of fun outside with my boys--Alex especially is going to LOVE hanging out with the school kids all day, he thinks he is their equal!! Hope you all have a great weekend and that all you Moms out there are especially spoiled and pampered on Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! What a trip! I hope you are doing something amazing with at least one of those pics of Alex and the puppies. Love the new house for your parents, and what a turkey! Nate, I mean the turkey, looks good! Glad you had a good trip. I missed you.

Unknown said...

Oops...I forgot to say, WOW! Cole is big! I think he looks like he could be related to Emmit.