Friday, May 16, 2008

My Boys are Growing Up

And so we begin the potty training journey! I am the type of person who likes slow transitions if possible, so we aren't rushing this! The potty seat came on Tuesday and I put it in the bathroom yesterday. I want Alex to get used to it, and he is already sitting on it and seems to think it's pretty neat. I'm not a huge fan of the potty seat in general, but this one has a detachable cushy seat that you can put on the toilet, so I thought it would be useful for whatever way works best for us. I'll keep you posted on how things go, but like I said, we are taking this slowly! (for all our sakes) (does anyone else think Alex looks a tad bit nervous in this photo?) :-)

Here is a pic of Sam's new crib. He is really too big to sleep in his bouncy seat anymore, which we were doing because sleeping at an angle was best for his acid reflux. Anyway he seems to be able to lay flat now without flare-ups, so we are moving him up to a crib. It's actually a mini-crib. It's a tad bit smaller than a crib--the long sides turn into the headboard and footboard of a twin bed, which Alex will get when we think he's ready and then Sam will get the big crib. I love the red bedding, though it doesn't go well with the seafoam and brown in our room, it goes great with the blues and reds in the boys room, and once we move him in there it will look great! He's taking his first nap in his new bed right now! Oh, and I have to add this: I put this whole thing together all by myself! (with "help" from Alex who kept trying to unscrew the bolts I had just put in!)

Couldn't resist a pic of the little cutie in his new bed. Yep, my boys sure are growing up fast!!

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

Oh Jessica,
How I have waited for this day to arrive! Potty training time!!!! What your parents had to endure as we patiently taught you propper potty time and now the old saying is true "What goes around, comes around". But seriously now, I hope this slow transition goes well for the little man especiall since he is coming to our house for a week.
Love,
Dad

Unknown said...

Wow--you put it together all by yourself withAlex in tow! So impressive! Noah has done two nights in his crib, and I'm debating tonight. Second tooth is lurking beneath the gum line, making my sweet man a tad crabby, but NOTHING like Josh experienced!

van said...

Hey Jess, It sounds like Ryan should have you and Alex out working on the truck for him since you did so well with the crib.