Thursday, September 06, 2007

Playing Outside

Ryan and I have started to realize that there are more things Alex understands than we had previously thought. If you tell him we are going outside he practically runs to the stairs, he gets so excited!
When we get outside Alex often spends a good deal of time squatting down on the porch or in the grass playing with every little thing on the ground. He seems to think it necessary to bring mommy anything that he does not like on his fingers or in his mouth (which is where most things go). As glad as I am that things like dead bugs and blades of grass don't actually get swallowed and digested, I am not all that fond of finding them in my open hand, either!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Drew and Mia LOVE to be outside just like Alex. If only I was more of an outdoor person. Now that they are older, I can let them play out in the backyard while I get some stuff done inside. My goal is to cultivate a love for the outdoors before they get too big. If I don't, I'm going to miss a ton of memories....

Anonymous said...

That kid is a cutie!! He sure takes after his uncle matt!!=)

Grandpa and Grams said...

Jess,
You had two brothers and this shouldn't come to you as a shock but "boys are made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails".
Alex's new cousin is going to be a pal for Alex.
Love,
Dad