Friday, September 14, 2007

The Petting Farm

We were able to go with our Playgroup to the Heritage Park Petting Farm this morning! I must admit that though we have been to Heritage Park more times than I can remember, we have never gone into the Petting Farm. It was really, really nice! The kids had a great time--especially since they actually got to touch the animals and run around to their hearts' content! It was nice to see Erica and Stelly Owen be able to come with us--especially so that Cate had a girl friend to play with as she is usually the only girl in our group. Alex really enjoyed himself as long as I didn't try to get him to go too close to the big animals. He didn't cry or anything, he would just start backing up as soon as he realized where we were headed if we got too close!! The farmer wouldn't let Alex really touch the baby chickens because when he did the first time my son tried to squeeze the poor chickie's head off--literally! We got a cute pic of Alex and I popping our heads through that animal photo prop, but I will have to wait and post it later--had to take it with someone else's camera since my batteries died just before we took the pic!

2 comments:

mitchandcarissa said...

Jessica,

How darling! So much wish Emmit & I could've gone (esp since Stelly was there...E gets a kick out of her:). Both of us were just whipped this morning. I think E's going through a growth spurt or something or other. He's been kinda weird lately...more than his usual weirdness:) Kids...ALWAYS changing. Maybe Mitch & I will take him there for his 1st bday:)

The Owens said...

we were glad we got to go too! i love the pic of alex peeking thru the animal board thing. he is just so cute! matt says that too which is rare that he observes a child's cuteness! :)