Friday, July 04, 2008

Sammy is 5 Months Old

On Tuesday Sammy turned 5 months old, and he's been a very, very busy boy! He now rolls onto his tummy almost immediately when you lay him down. And, to his mother's horror he has started pushing up on his knees as if to crawl. He hasn't figured out what to do with his arms yet, so they get stuck under him, but he's so strong with those legs that he pushes himself forward without his arms! I'm trying to get a good video of it, but he so often winds up frustrated and in tears! Half of me wants him to learn to crawl so that the frustration can end, the other more sane half of me does NOT want him to crawl at such a young age. Call me crazy but I like the freedom of knowing I can put my kid down and he can't go anywhere or get into anything! With Alex I had that freedom until 9 months old--don't think that will be the case with Sammy. He's on a mission and learning fast!

Earlier this week Sam found his toes. He's not really into chewing on them yet, just likes to hold them. He's really been using his hands so much more lately, grabbing toys on his excersaucer, mommy's hair and earings (ouch), his toes, and stuffed animals.

About 2 weeks ago Sam had his first taste of oatmeal.

Now he LOVES his oatmeal because I put applesauce in it. He can't seem to decide if he likes green beans or not. And yes, for those of you who have asked me about it, I am making homemade baby food again. I didn't really want to because it is so time consuming, but Sammy seems to have the same reactions as Alex did with the acid preservatives they put in many of the canned foods, so I am just going to buck up and do it!! Plus, I save a lot of money--with just $2.00 worth of frozen green beans I made 32 jars of baby food, saving us $10.00!!!

I'm not the kind of photographer that often takes fabulous shots, but somehow I got this one the other day and I LOVE it! This is a typical Sam pose, watching the world with wide eyes!

2 comments:

van said...

You could probably duplicate this picture with Ryan by setting a cup of coffee up on a shelf.

Unknown said...

Very funny, Van! What a beautiful picture! WalMart's got nothing on you!