Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Search for the Perfect Hat



I don't know if other mommies out there have had this problem, but there seems to be a real shortage of decent winter hats in this world! At least for toddlers--and I do realize that my kid has a large head, he always has (full of brains I'm sure of it!) but one would assume that hats would come in a reasonable range of sizes and not skip from teeny tiny to elem. kid size! The only ones I did find were obnoxious, for example, the green/grey camo hat was looking pretty good until I turned it around to the front and found a skull and bones on it! Umm...NO. Well, necessity is the mother of invention right? And although I did not invent any new kind of hat, I did try my hand at making one that fits! So, this is one of Alex's new winter hats--I bought a few more scraps of fleece (the remnants are around $1.50 at Joanne's!) so I am going to try a few more---now if we can just come up with a way to keep the kid from pulling the thing off his head in the car!

0 comments: