Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Here's Alex's new big boy bed.  I had a twin sized comforter that a friend gave me (thanks, Nicole!) but I wanted to update the look of Alex's room, so I just made a new cover for it.  I'm working on the rest of the room and will post pictures of it later.
 
Daddy tucked Alex in though we were pretty sure he wouldn't stay under the covers. In fact we were certain that he would be up knocking on the door and crying in about 5 min. time!



















I took this picture as I walked out of the room. I had really hoped that he would snuggle up in his new bed and be all peaceful and happy. Nope. He cried. I'm not sure if he cried because it was bedtime or because of his new sleep situation or both. But, thankfully, the crying only lasted about 5 min. And as far as we could hear he never even tried to get out of bed! He slept the whole night through! Success!! We'll see if we have the same success at naptime today...I'm doubtful.

Here's the sleepyhead first thing this morning. On top of the covers as we guessed he would be.



















And here is Sammy sleepy peacefully in the big crib. The main reason we moved Alex up to the twin bed was because Sammy was just outgrowing the bassinet sized crib he was using. So we gave him the crib and used the long side of his little crib as the headboard of the twin bed. (the parallel side of the crib is a footboard to match, but we haven't gotten it on yet.) My boys are tummy sleepers and move around a lot at night. Now both boys have lots of room to roll around and get comfy.

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

Those two boys are really growing up fast! What a shot of Alex shedding tears at bed time, it's priceless, though at the moment it must of seemed heartbreaking.
Love,
Dad

The Coons said...

Yes, I really did hate leaving him in there like that, but he was really just fine. He didn't even cry when I put him in bed last night! And he slept through the night again without trying to get out of bed or any other problems. So, thankfully the tears were short lived!

Unknown said...

What a handsome big boy bed! Josh noticed on his own that Alex was crying. : ( Is it still successful? We sure do miss you guys!