Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"Big Boy" Stuff

Well, we've hit a major milestone--we are completely done with the bottles! He's been down to just one bottle a day for about 4 months now, and the doctor told me that he needed to be "bottle-free" by 18 months--whew...only 3 weeks to spare! It's kind of a bittersweet milestone for me. I'm relieved because I think it will make it easier for him to have a few weeks of no bottles before Sam gets here and is drinking from bottles. But I am a little sad to see my baby growing up so fast! I am also very thankful that the transition was so easy--it only took a few mornings and there were almost no tears!

It seems as though he is turning into a "big boy" overnight! He has really started communicating more, mostly through baby sign language (which I am a big fan of); his latest signs are bird, cat, dog, milk, and help. I really think the signing has encouraged him to attempt to say many words as well because he is communicating so much. He tries very hard to say ball, bird, and more. He is also fascinated with socks and shoes. He often wants to take just one of his socks off and does NOT want it back on. He is also experimenting with trying to get shoes on his feet by himself....


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Another fascination: snow. It often takes us several minutes to get out to the car now that winter is here. And he loves my snowglobe...

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


He also is fascinated with lights, books, the computer, the camera, and most of all the TV. He is really into taking off one sock and doesn't want it back on, trying to put lids on canisters, self-feeding (always fun!), and telephones. Oh, and he has started climbing--he has attmepted to climb the bookcase, the crib, the tv stand, and has learned how to climb up on the dining room table chairs (guess the table is no longer a safe place from little hands!). Wow, when I read back over this I know why I am so tired at night!! Like I said, we now have a "big boy" on our hands!

0 comments: