Thursday, August 02, 2007

Trip to Iowa

Alex & I took a long weekend trip to Iowa this past weekend to help with my sister-in-law, Heather's baby shower. We had a great time with the fam that was there: my mom, grandma, sis, brother & sister-in-law. We got to see Nate & Heather's new house, visit their church, and enjoy spending time together (which we don't get that often since we all live so far apart). These guys live out in the middle of nowhere--literally, the nearest Shopping Mall is 1.5 hours away!! But they love it there in that beautiful country and they do have tons of animals!! Here's some of the animals we saw: cows, chickens, horses, donkeys, a fox, a badger, an opposum, and deer, deer, and more deer! It was a great trip, but I must admit that we are glad to be home!

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

Alex,
It looks like you and your mom had a great time with Uncle Nate and Aunt Heather, I wish I could have been there but I had to stay home and bring home the bacon so your grandma can fly across the country at her slightlest whim.
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

It was fun to read about your trip. I wish I could have been there for Heather's shower and visited with you all in Iowa. We will be going out there in a couple of week.