Friday, February 08, 2008

Big Brother Stuff

"Hey, new kid, I'm gonna borrow this cool balloon of yours for a while!"

Grandpa and Alex had a great time playing in the snow and even made a cute little snowman.

Grams has been a lifesaver with Alex this week, especially since I am not allowed to pick him up for a few weeks.

So, many people have asked me how Alex has been handling this new big brother thing. Well, here is a summary of his general plan of attack toward the whole situation: ignore the baby completely! I think the idea from the beginning was that maybe if he just ignores Sam, he'll go away! (Um, not so much!!) He is, I think, a little jealous and it's showing up in him being extra whiney sometimes, but overall, I don't think it's really hit him yet! Actually he has slowly been warming up to Sam, he even talked to him a little yesterday and wanted to push him in the swing, but in general he doesn't seem to even know the kid exists. We keep telling Alex, though, that some day he is going to love having a little buddy to play with and get into all kinds of mischeif together. I have this feeling these two little cuties are going to keep me really busy!

1 comments:

Grandpa and Grams said...

I'm so thankful the Lord allowed me the time to spend with your family. Your mom and I wouldn't have missed it for all the riches in the world. I love those little boys!!!!
Grandpa