Friday, August 14, 2009

A Visit from the President

Well, at least a visit from the President of our alma mater!!! We hosted Dr. Bob III and Benneth Jones as well as my parents and Dr. & Mrs. Hall and Dr. & Mrs. Norton for dinner on Monday night.

Ryan had the idea to grill burgers for them since people are probably always cooking them fancy meals or taking them out to eat at fancy restaruants--and they all LOVED it!! They also got a real kick out of the apple and snicker bar salad (but seriously, who wouldn't!). I would have been hard pressed to get it all done without help though--Dad was on kid entertainment duty for the day, Mom helped me in a HUGE way cooking and cleaning with me, and Ryan was the grill master. It all came together beautifully!
If Alex ever attends BJU someday here is a story that will be fun to tell him: as the Dr. Bob and Mrs. Jones walked into our house Alex greeted them by lifting his shirt as high as he could and yelling, "Boo-boo, boo-boo on my belly!" Probably not the usual way a college president is greeted for dinner, but they laughed anyway!! ;-)

Sam was a little shy of all the visitors, but warmed up his vocals after a while and talked to the whole room!

I wanted to ask, "hey Dr. Bob...our kids are so cute, don't you think they should get free college tuition???"

We had to take our table out and bring over a big 10 foot table from the church to fit everyone around it!! There were twelve of us in all--that's a big croud for our little house! But it was really fun and a cool thing to have the president of our college over to our house for dinner!

2 comments:

My Middle Age Moments said...

Jessica:

Good job! I am impressed with how well you did. I am sure they felt completely at home in your house. Who would not enjoy that! About that apple and snickers salad??? Do you have a recipe?

Jen said...

Hey! Did you know I grew up with Dr. and Mrs. Hall? He was the staff evangelist of my church in TN. I find it ironic that he ate dinner with you. You probably don't remember him being at my wedding...... I'm glad it all turned out. :-D